Registered Dietitian East Los Angeles CA Part Time
Because our veterans deserve exceptional care, we invest in the very best Dietitians.
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004 we offer primary care and mental health services to our military icons. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an extraordinary patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek Registered Dietitians with positive, outgoing demeanor for our team with dynamic strengths. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none. You'll be a part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community. You’ll enjoy a part-time schedule– your weekends are all yours. No late nights, weekend hours or Federal holidays. You will work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills. You will also get to mentor and support other team members.
- You will educate patients on how to select food to maintain and promote health as well as to prevent and treat illness and disease.
- You will plan appropriate diets and menus to meet the needs of individuals whose medical condition that you will be treating or controlled using diet therapy.
- Determine if follow-up appointment is needed, based on patient’s motivation and comprehension of education session.
- Conduct nutrition education classes if demand exists (diabetes classes, weight management)
- Serve as a community resource to patients.
- Deliver information on programs offered at local facilities.
- Build in house nutrition education materials for use in nutrition education of staff and patients.
- Monitor and respond to phone and e-mail messages promptly.
- Enters nutrition notes into electronic charting systems promptly when assessment completed.
- You will maintain patient, employee and computer data safety and confidentiality.
- Graduate of an accredited school with a degree in nutrition (Bachelor’s required. Master’s preferred).
- Active, current valid license in the state in which the clinic is located.
- Rare customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong electronic medical record charting experience
- 2 years of experience
Our company is wholly owned subsidiary of Concentra. Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?