CBOC Psychologist Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Psychologist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. You will diagnose and treat mental health conditions in collaboration with other mental health team members.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Performs comprehensive examinations, referring to diagnostic tests and utilizes medical instruments and equipment when appropriate; documents all medical information utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data and information.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Refers patient to the CBOC Psychiatrist or Physician for prescription of medication and medication maintenance when required.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Evaluates patients records from medical providers outside the VA and works with these patients utilizing rules set forth by the VA for co-managed care.
- Responsible for participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Doctor of Psychology Degree, from an APA approved program (with APA approved internship)
- Minimum, 1-year of practice (treating adult patients)
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required)
- Strong computer skills
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled