Regional Operations Director
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover outstanding colleagues to join our group.
The Regional Operations Director has full accountability for all operational aspects of the CBOC clinics within their geographic region.
- Management: Equip clinic leadership to lead day to day operations, ensure clinical quality expectations and provide outstanding customer service.
- P&L Responsibility: Manage each clinic’s financial performance with specific emphasis on revenue growth through enrollment and both personnel and non-personnel cost containment. This includes daily and monthly FTE/staffing analysis and a detailed understanding of the drivers of all non-personnel costs, such as lab, telecommunications, facilities, insurance, etc.
- Enrollment Growth: Lead growth strategy of new enrollees to the clinic and expand market penetration in the clinics’ catchment areas.
- Save & Recapture: Actively balance patient enrollment and retention and ensure no veteran exceeds their annual visit date.
- Staffing: Maintain staffing levels consistent with patient enrollment, contract terms, and to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Business Analytics: Review and analyze reporting, including clinical quality metrics, financial reports, staffing levels, compensation trends and other meaningful information. Provide standard updates to senior leadership to energetically improve any deficiencies and maintain excellence.
- Talent Acquisition and Retention: Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent through excellent communication, interaction with key leadership (Outreach, HR, etc.) and implementing key proficiencies.
- VA Relations: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with our VA partners.
- RFPs: Be the active leader for any RFPs in the region, including the subject matter expert on the contractual guidelines and options to most effectively and efficiently deliver on those expectations.
- Strategic Initiatives: Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives that drive the success of the business.
- Seven years healthcare management experience required; government healthcare environment preferred
- Ability to travel 60-75% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think strategically, at both clinical and operational levels, as well as on a regional and company level; be able to evaluate and implement strategic plans
- Ability to influence, both up and down
- Ambitious and optimistic attitude
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.