Psychiatrist Laguna Hills, CA Full Time
Valor Healthcare provides personnel for the Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) of the Veterans Administration. Established in 2004, we are Veteran-led and clinician-managed and looking for a compassionate provider who can deliver expert mental health care for those who served in our armed forces. You will be their point of contact for their mental wellbeing; their partner in getting better. We work in a patient aligned centered team (PACT) environment.
As a Psychiatrist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans. In return, we offer you a lifestyle-focused practice with no call, inpatient, or weekend duties. Here’s a snapshot of what your day would look like.
- 1.0 FTE 5 days a week with no call schedule or late nights.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only
- Examine the patient/client and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – The VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- One hour initial consult – 30 minute follow up appointments.
- Prescribes medication by your diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Counsel and educate each patient on the use of prescription drugs related to their treatment plan.
- Develop and implement patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Supervise and mentor Psychologists and Social Workers working in a team collaborative practice.
- Take the lead by participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Minimum, 1-year of clinical medical practice
- Valid, unrestricted license in the State where clinic is located.
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required)
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled