VA CBOC Psychiatrist Bloomington IN
Valor Healthcare is looking for a full-time Psychiatrist to join our team in our Houma, LA clinic. This is an outpatient clinic, opened Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
We offer competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metics on quality patient care. We provide our clinicians an excellent compensation package which includes travel expenses, CME reimbursement, 40+ paid days off, and many other benefits!
Valor operates 30+ VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, mental health, diagnostics, laboratory, Telehealth, and more.
As a Psychiatrist, you will have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking a compassionate provider who can deliver expert mental health care for those who served in our armed forces. You will be their point of contact for their mental wellbeing; their partner in getting better.
- Examine the veteran and determine the best course of action while completing documentation of the electronic medical record system - VISTA/CPRS.
- One hour initial consult – 30 minute follow-up appointments.
- Prescribes medication by your diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Counsel and educate each patient on the use of prescription drugs related to their treatment plan.
- Develop and implement patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Supervise and mentor Psychologists and Social Workers working in a team collaborative practice.
- Take the lead by participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Minimum, 1-year of clinical medical practice
- Ability to acquire unrestricted Louisiana state medical license
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using EMR
- Competitive Salary, including incentive plan
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off, including all federal holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.