VA CBOC Clinical Psychologist - Bloomington, IN
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best Psychologists.
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004 we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek a Licensed Psychologist with positive, outgoing demeanors for our dynamic team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with paid time off and a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
As a Psychologist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown while serving our country. You will diagnose and treat mental health conditions in collaboration with other mental health team members.
- Clinic is located in Bloomington, IN; Opened Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Create a comfortable environment for the patients and their families
- Performs comprehensive examinations, referring to diagnostic tests and utilizes medical instruments and equipment when appropriate; documents all medical information utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data and information.
- Orders and performs tests, therapeutic procedures and interprets test results for deviations from normal and provides follow up care.
- Collaborate with VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Partner with CBOC Psychiatrist or Physician for prescription of medication and medication maintenance when required.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Responsible for participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Doctor of Psychology Degree, from an APA approved program (with APA approved internship)
- Minimum, 1-year of practice (treating adult patients)
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.