VA CBOC Regional Medical Director Indianapolis, IN
Valor Healthcare, Inc is the largest and most experienced partner to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in building and operating Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) for enrolled Veterans. Valor is second only to the VA itself in the direct delivery of primary care services to our nation’s heroes, and we have an exciting opportunity to present. Valor is seeking a Regional Medical Director to join our Senior Leadership Team.
The Regional Medical Director has full accountability for all clinical aspects of the CBOCs within his/her geographic region.
The core responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, leadership of clinical staff, maintaining excellent clinical outcomes participation in enrollment and growth, overseeing scheduling and staffing, developing and maintaining VA relations and innovation and support of business initiatives. Participation in and familiarity with the clinics’ financial performance is also required.
If you are passionate about providing exceptional care and a world class patient experience for our nation’s heroes, this role is a perfect fit. Valor’s collective leadership team has well over 100 years of hands-on experience in VA healthcare and is composed of Veterans, clinicians, and business leaders. We welcome you to explore the possibilities of interacting in a service-minded organization focused on giving back to the most deserving population of patients in the world.
- 5 years healthcare experience required and at least 2 years management experience; VA or government healthcare experience preferred
- Ability to travel 70-75% of the time within the identified region
- Ability to think strategically, at both clinical and operational levels, as well as on a regional and company level; must be able to evaluate and implement strategic plans
- Multi-site clinic management experience preferred
- Familiarity with applicable state licensing and supervision guidelines
- Proven leadership skills
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor, solution oriented
- MD/DO from an accredited ACGME institution
- Board Certification via the ABMS/AOA in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine or an Internal Medicine Sub-Specialty
- Current, active and unrestricted medical licensure
- Current, active, and unrestricted DEA and BCLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Up to 35 Days of Time Off
- 5 days of Annual CME Time/Allowance
- Leadership role with limited patient care
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Match
Valor Healthcare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Concentra. If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does our Nation’s Heroes, Apply Today!