VA CBOC Primary Care Physician Bloomington IN
Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a physician at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 34 clinics in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
As a Primary Care Physician you are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You will have the pleasure to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. The Primary Care Physician is an intuitive healthcare provider whose diagnostic abilities are only matched by their concern for patients. You are responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing veterans in our CBOC clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet the VA's standards.
- Clinic is located in Bloomington, IN; work Schedule: 4 days per week; The clinic is open 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
- Will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will help the veterans' recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Partner with the Clinic Medical Director to discuss patient outcomes, policies, procedures and records.
- Complete documentation of the medical record utilizing VISTA/CPRS electronic medical record system.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with PACT Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Will serve as collaborative physician to midlevels when appropriate and needed.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards. Maintain patient confidentiality and align with the VA health information privacy laws.
- Develop and maintain a positive, reciprocal working relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional Medical Director is kept informed of any significant issues.
- Provide daily effective and efficient patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- 1 year of clinical medical practice; primary care experience preferred
- Ability to obtain unrestricted Indiana medical license
- Chronic Disease Management experience preferred
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- ACLS/BLS Certified required
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using EMR
- Competitive Salary, including $15,000 Sign-on bonus
- Physician Incentive Plan
- Relocation assistance is available
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Brand new state of the art clinic
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Full benefits package including: CME Allowance/Time, 401(k) with Employer Match, Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans, Life Insurance/Disability, Paid Time Off - including all Federal Holidays
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans