Pharmacist PharmD Bowling Green KY Part Time PGY1 Required
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best Pharmacists.
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004 we offer primary care and mental health services to our military icons. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an extraordinary patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek Pharmacists with positive, outgoing demeanors for our dynamic health team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare.
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You will work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- You will mentor and support other team members
As a Clinical Pharmacist you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown while serving our country. You will review, interpret, and verify provider’s orders/prescriptions to ensure formulary requirements are met. You'll be required to resolve drug-related questions with the prescriber in a timely fashion per local VA pharmacy standard operating procedure. You will conduct comprehensive medication reviews and/or medication reconciliation upon provider request/referral. You will educate providers and staff on formulary criteria/restrictions and facilitates with therapeutic substitutions. You will provide consultation by reviewing patient profiles and medication orders. You will evaluate patient’s ability to understand medication instructions, and provides oral and written counseling on their drug therapy. You will maintain and update records of drugs, allergies, and other pertinent information in patient’s medication profiles. You'll resolve prescription problems concerning mail-order process. You will maintain licensure and professional competence through continuing education. You will facilitate coordination of emergent fills for the clinic, maintain a record of all 10 day urgent prescriptions prescribed by our clinic provider and obtained by the patient from a local pharmacy vendor (if requested by local VA facility) and conduct face-to-face and telemedicine visits for chronic disease state management and/or anti-coagulation management under a reciprocal drug therapy agreement. You will assess pharmacy clinic enrolled patients’ reason for referral, medical record, pertinent labs, and pharmacy medication profile. In addition you will:
- Collaborate with RN care managers and dietitians to provide diabetes and hypertension education and care.
- Order labs per policies, established protocols.
- Provide patient education and counseling regarding patient’s disease state, medications, and lifestyle modifications.
- Complete patient care notes and assigned consults within 24 hours.
- Identify patients not at treatment goals via panel management with utilization of diabetes registry.
- Assist providers with formulary conversions (including co-managed patients).
- Review and complete consults for non-formulary/restricted drug requests.
- Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy with a Pharm. D degree
- Residency trained or obtained board certification
- Post Graduate Year 1 Required; Post Graduate Year 2 Preferred
- Current licensure in state of CBOC location
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Strong computer skills
Our company is falls under Concentra. Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination? We look forward to working with you very soon.