Pharmacist PharmD PGY1 Required Bowling Green, KY Part Time 8 hours per week
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best people...
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
As a Clinical Pharmacist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. You will review, interpret, and verify provider’s orders/prescriptions to ensure formulary requirements are met.
- Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, weekdays only.
- Resolves drug-related questions with the prescriber in a timely fashion per local VA pharmacy standard operating procedure.
- Conducts comprehensive medication reviews and/or medication reconciliation upon provider request/referral.
- Educates providers and staff on formulary criteria/restrictions and facilitates with therapeutic substitutions.
- Provides patient consultation by reviewing patient profiles and medication orders. Evaluates patient’s ability to understand medication instructions, and provides oral and written counseling on their drug therapy.
- Maintains and updates records of drugs, allergies, and other pertinent information in patient’s medication profiles.
- Resolves prescription problems concerning mail-order process.
- Maintain licensure and professional competence through continuing education.
- Facilitates coordination of emergent fills for the community based outpatient clinic. Maintain a record of all 10 day urgent prescriptions prescribed by our clinic provider and obtained by the patient from a local pharmacy vendor (if requested by local VA facility).
- Conducts face-to-face and telemedicine visits for chronic disease state management and/or anticoagulation management under a collaborative drug therapy agreement.
- Assesses pharmacy clinic enrolled patients’ reason for referral, medical record, pertinent labs, and pharmacy medication profile.
- Collaborates with RN care managers and dietitians to provide diabetes and hypertension education and care.
- Orders labs per policies, established protocols, and/or collaborative drug therapy agreement.
- Provides patient education and counseling regarding patient’s disease state, medications, and lifestyle modifications.
- Completes patient care notes and assigned consults within 24 hours.
- Identifies patients not at treatment goals via panel management with utilization of diabetes registry.
- Assist providers with formulary conversions (including co-managed patients).
- Reviews and completes consults for non-formulary/restricted drug requests (if requested by local VA facility).
- Graduate of accredited school of pharmacy with a Pharm. D degree
- Residency trained or obtained board certification
- Post Graduate Year 1 Required; Post Graduate Year 2 Preferred
- Current licensure in state of CBOC location
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Strong computer skills
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled