Medical Social Worker MSW/LSW Bowling Green KY Full Time
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best MSW/ Licensed Social Workers (LSW).
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most expert provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004 we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek a LSW with positive, outgoing demeanors for our dynamic team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with paid time off and a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy a M-Friday schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
You will perform case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Independently implements treatment modalities.
You will conduct psychosocial assessments. Develop treatment plans in collaboration with the veteran and with the interdisciplinary treatment team. Offer psychosocial interventions and measures outcomes to interventions. Coordinate community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
You will identify high-risk patients and provides case management services. Provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint, coordinates conferences and serves as liaison to all parties involved. Has working knowledge and experience in use of medical diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
You will establish and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their family units. Independently works with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems utilizing individual and group counseling skills.
You will independently provide consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on healthcare and adherence to treatment plan. Ability to evaluate own practice through professional peer review, case conferences and other organizational means.
General knowledge of veteran's benefits and services relating to special programs, service connected compensation, non-service connected pension.
Provides a range of psychotherapeutic interventions that will include skills and knowledge in Evidence-based Therapies such as cognitive Behavioral Treatment.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Knowledge and practice of mental health therapy techniques and interventions and provision of individual, group and family therapy as needed, in conjunction with other VA providers.
- Knowledge of the principles of management required to establish program goals and objectives, to plan and administer a program, coordinate associated activities, evaluate program accomplishments, redefine priorities and modify objectives.
- Display respect and compassion towards clients and colleagues.
- Participate in and/or facilitates staff competency training.
- Leads clinic adherence to TJC (The Joint Commission) standards with the Nursing Supervisor.
- Participates in monthly staff meetings.
- Current LSW license in the state where employed
- Minimum 1 year case management and/or therapy
Valor Healthcare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Concentra. Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination? We look forward to working with you very soon.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled