Medical Assistant Shakopee MN Full Time
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best Certified Medical Assistants (CMA).
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military icons. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek CMAs with positive, outgoing demeanors for our diverse team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with paid time off and a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
- Performs comprehensive examinations, referring to diagnostic tests and utilizes medical instruments and equipment when appropriate; documents all medical information utilizing the VA’s electronic patient record system.
- Greet our patients, obtain their medical histories and verify patient information
- Prepare, assist, and accurately complete all forms
- You will support patient care delivery
- You will assist providers during examinations and treatment
- You will take vital signs and perform all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Collects lab Specimens from patients, and submits received results to medical providers.
- You will schedule clinic appointments, patient check in and/or out of clinic, and verify all clinical reminders due at the time of each visit.
- Should be graduated from of an accredited certificate program
- Knowledgeable of computer systems to include the MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated high quality customer service
- Two years of continuous experience in clinical operations or medical office work post externship
Valor Healthcare is wholly owned subsidiary of Concentra. Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination? We look forward to working with you very soon.