Radiology Technician Shakopee, MN Full-time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Radiology Technologist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. You will perform diagnostic testing with equipment that utilizes various forms of energy waves, as directed by physician or mid-level provider and communicate with the core Team.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Positions patient for basic radiological studies, adjusts immobilization devices and places shielding devices as appropriate.
- Adjusts radiology equipment for regulation of length and intensity of exposure based on study performed.
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other diagnostic equipment to administer routine diagnostic test and treatments, including glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment, spirometry, eye exams, etc.
- Makes minor adjustments to radiologic equipment between PM visits.
- Inventories and orders radiological supplies and materials.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered in VISTA/CPRS.
- Submits any received laboratory and radiology results to medical providers and provides private practice results to VA for scanning or scans results into patient’s medical records after the provider has reviewed.
- Cleans treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using approved manufacture wipes and/or solutions.
- Any/all other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited training program radiology technicians and certification by the applicable professional organization, ARRT.
- Minimum one-year experience within the last 3 years as a radiology technician in a clinical setting; government healthcare environment preferred.
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required)
- Strong computer skills
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled