Registered Nurse Lockport, NY Part Time 16 hours per week
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best nurses
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We offer a M-F schedule and our clinics are open from 8-5. There is no call, no evening or weekend work, and we observe federal holidays. We offer a rewarding culture of caring and service.
As a Registered Nurse with Valor Healthcare you will enjoy the privilege of providing healthcare of the highest quality to America’s Veterans as part of a Patient Aligned Care Team and will have an active role in developing and implementing a patient care plan.
Assists practitioners with patient care and practices specialized nursing skills in patient assessment
Triage urgent/emergent same day patients for the team. Identifying acute patient needs and high acuity patients, identifying Veterans at risk for uncoordinated care and mobilizing a care team for optimal patient outcomes
Will provide support by assisting our patients in navigating and coordinating their care
- Participate in daily team huddle
- Answers and returns patient telephone calls, messages and alerts
- Provide patient and family education focused on self-management, prevention, and wellness.
- Monitor discharge list and contact patients for follow up.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere for our colleagues and veterans, ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met.
- Promote achievement of clinical goals and metrics
- 1 year of Primary Care and/or Chronic Disease management experience
- Current and active State Nursing License
- Current certification in BLS
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing fast and making a difference
- At many locations, you’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours
- Work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance your knowledge and skills
- Mentor and support your team members to succeed
We are the nation’s largest provider of workplace health services, and we proudly own and operate 35+ Community Based Outpatient Clinics across the United States, offering Primary Care and Disease Management services.
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
As a Federal Contractor, Valor is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify