VA CBOC Psychiatrist - Bloomington, IN
Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a physician at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 34 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
As a Psychiatrist with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans. In return, we offer you a lifestyle-focused practice with no call, inpatient, or weekend duties. Here’s a snapshot of what your day would look like.
- Office is located in Bloomington, IN and open Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Examine the patient/client and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – The VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- One hour initial consult – 30 minute follow up appointments.
- Prescribes medication by your diagnosis.
- Refers patient to the VA medical specialist when indicated.
- Counsel and educate each patient on the use of prescription drugs related to their treatment plan.
- Develop and implement patient management plans and assist in provision of continuity of care through the PCMM (Primary Care Management Module)
- Supervise and mentor Psychologists and Social Workers working in a team collaborative practice.
- Take the lead by participating in Quality Assurance, Performance Improvement activities and staff meetings.
- Completes any and all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Minimum, 1-year of clinical medical practice
- Ability to obtain Indiana state medical license
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (Must be renewed annually/as required)
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Competitive Salary, including $15,000 Sign-on bonus
- Relocation Assistance is available
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.