VA CBOC Clinic Medical Director Bloomsburg PA
Are you looking for a leadership role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a physician at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 30+ clinics in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
The Clinic Medical Director is a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You will have the pleasure to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. Additionally, you will lead all clinical aspects of individual CBOC clinic. The Medical Director diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and delivers preventive treatment including chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examinations and testing. You will see an average on 10-15 scheduled patients per day, while working within the clinics Patient Aligned Care Team. Use your knowledge to develop and implement patient management plans; while communicating with the clinic staff to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Leadership skills that focuses on people development, specifically mentoring, training and developing team members to increase performance and retention
- Actively participate, as well as oversee, diagnoses and treatment.
- Complete documentation of the medical record utilizing the VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Lead day to day medical operations, ensure clinical quality expectations are met, provide exceptional customer service and partner with the Clinic Operations Director.
- Responsible for the supervision of all clinical provider personnel within the clinic which will include supervising and evaluating Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants working in collaborative practice, including chart review.
- Participate in the management of the clinic’s financial performance/P&L, including driving revenue growth through panel management, as well as managing costs such as usage of medical supplies.
- Responsible for enrollment growth, retention, and recovery to include participating in the clinic’s outreach events and enrollment initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional Medical Director is kept informed of any significant issues.
- Provide daily effective and optimal patient care management
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Pennsylvania Medical Licensure
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Primary care experience preferred
- Chronic Disease Management experience preferred
- Current unrestricted DEA registration
- ACLS Certified preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of directly applicable experience preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Brand New, State of the Art Facility
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off
- All Federal Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
You know a thing or two about saving lives and restoring hope. It is time to rekindle your passion and use your gifts to help those who have bravely fought to save lives and restore hope in this land we call home.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans