Travel Primary Care Physician
Valor Healthcare is looking for a full-time board certified/board eligible Primary Care Physician to join our team as a Regional Travel Provider for our clinics located mainly in the northeast (New York, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Virginia). This position requires up to 75% travel, when not traveling you will provide telemedicine coverage.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package which includes travel expenses, CME reimbursement, 40+ paid days off, and many other benefits!
Valor operates 30+ VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides primary care, office based medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, Telehealth, mental health, and more.
As a Physician, you will have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these humble men and women.
- Examine the veteran and determine the best course of action while completing documentation of the electronic medical record system - CPRS.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Partner with the Medical Director to discuss patient outcomes, policies, procedures, and records. Will serve as collaborative physician to mid-levels when appropriate and needed.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will help the veterans' recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards. Maintain patient confidentiality and align with the VA health information privacy laws.
- Develop and maintain a positive, reciprocal working relationship with our VA partners.
- Provide daily effective and efficient patient care management.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal medicine
- 1 year of clinical medical practice
- Ability to obtian unrestricted medical license in multiple states
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support through American Heart Association (Must be Renewed Annually)
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration
- Excellent computer skills, including EMR
- This is a float position and will require up to 75% travel throughout our regional clinics
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you are looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled