Valor Healthcare Regional Operations Director
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
The Regional Operations Director has full accountability for all operational aspects of the CBOCs within his/her geographic region.
- Management: Equip clinic leadership to manage day to day operations, ensure clinical quality expectations and provide exceptional customer service. This includes compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items, such as coordination of facility issues, understand of local lease requirements and project management of new facility buildouts.
- P&L Responsibility: Primary ownership of the financial success of the clinics in the region. Work with respective Clinic Operations Directors (CODs) to manage each clinic’s financial performance with specific emphasis on revenue growth through enrollment and both personnel and non-personnel cost containment. This includes daily and monthly FTE/staffing analysis and a thorough understanding of the drivers of all non-personnel costs, such as lab, telecommunications, facilities, insurance, etc.
- Enrollment Growth: Work with the CODs and Outreach team to develop and execute growth strategies of new enrollees to the clinic and expand market penetration in the clinics’ catchment areas.
- Save & Recapture: Work with the CODs to proactively manage patient enrollment and retention to minimize veterans exceeding their annual visit date and being dis-enrolled.
- Staffing: Ensure each COD is focused to maintain staffing levels consistent with patient enrollment, contract terms, and to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Business Analytics: Review and analyze reporting, including clinical quality metrics, customer satisfaction metrics, other pertinent operational metrics, financial reports, staffing levels, compensation trends and other relevant information. Provide standard updates to senior leadership to aggressively improve any deficiencies and maintain excellence.
- Talent Acquisition and Retention: Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent through excellent communication, interaction with key leadership (Outreach, HR, etc.) and enforcing key competencies.
- VA Relations: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with our VA partners and key stakeholders.
- Request for Proposal (RFP): Be the active leader for all RFPs in the region, including the subject matter expert on the contractual guidelines and options to most effectively and efficiently deliver on those expectations. Review other regions’ RFPs for familiarity to assist if designated ROD is unavailable.
- Strategic Initiatives: Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives that drive the success of the business.
- 7 years healthcare management experience required; government healthcare environment preferred
- Ability to travel 60-75% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to think strategically, at both clinical and operational levels, as well as on a regional and company level; must be able to evaluate and implement strategic plans
- Ability to manage, both up and down
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Valor Healthcare. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.