Clinic Medical Director - Washington, PA CBOC
As you may know, we have a phenomenal VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), in Washington, PA. Are you a Physician who is wanting a more productive lifestyle? How about a 5 day work week with nights and weekends off? Do you wish you could spend more than 20 minutes with your patients? Are you lacking meaning in your current role? We believe that Valor Healthcare is the answer to all of these questions.
Valor Healthcare operates 34 VA CBOC's in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We provides a wide range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, tele-health, mental health, and more. Our clinic staff utilizes the Patient Aligned Care Team model at all locations.
As our next Clinical Medical Director, you are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. We are seeking a healthcare professional who is driven and committed to ensuring the health and well-being of these selfless men and women.
The Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is responsible for supervising all clinical aspects of their individual Clinic. You will diagnose/treat diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems, along with delivering preventive treatment of primary care needs, including chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examination and testing.
- Supervises and evaluates Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assitants working in collaborative practice, including chart review. Serves as a clinical resource to the mid-level providers.
- You are responsible for actively participating, as well as oversee, diagnoses and treatment.
- Establishes and implements patient management plans, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Records and completes documentation of the medical record utilizing the VA’s CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Run day to day medical operations, ensure clinical quality expectations are met, provide extraordinary customer service and partner with the Clinic Operations Director.
- Responsible for the supervision of all clinical provider personnel within the clinic which will include supervising and evaluating Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants working in reciprocal practice, including chart review.
- Participate in the management of financial performance/P&L, including driving revenue growth through panel management, as well as managing costs such as usage of medical supplies.
- Responsible for enrollment growth, retention, and recovery to include participating in the clinic’s outreach events and enrollment initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a positive, collaborative working relationship with our VA partners, ensuring that the Regional Medical Director is kept informed of any significant issues.
- Pennsylvania Licensure preferred but not required
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA registration
- ACLS Certified preferred
- Minimum of 1 years of directly applicable experience preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Director Stipend
- Sign-On Bonus
- Performance Incentive Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to
cultural diversity in the workforce.