VA CBOC Registered Dietitian Columbia TN
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best people
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being. We seek Part Time (2 days per week) Dietitian with a positive, outgoing demeanor for our dynamic team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy a weekday schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- Work with leading-edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
- Educate patients on how to select food to maintain and promote health as well as to prevent and treat illness and disease.
- Plan appropriate diets and menus to meet the needs of individuals whose medical condition can be treated or controlled using diet therapy.
- Determine if follow-up appointment is needed, based on patient’s motivation and comprehension of education session.
- Conduct nutrition education classes if demand exists (diabetes classes, weight management)
- Serve as a community resource to patients.
- Provide information on programs offered at local facilities.
- Create in house nutrition education materials for use in nutrition education of staff and patients.
- Monitor and respond to phone and e-mail messages promptly.
- Enters nutrition notes into CPRS promptly when assessment completed.
- Will maintain patient, employee and computer data safety and confidentiality.
- Graduate of an accredited school with a degree in nutrition (Bachelor’s required. Master’s preferred).
- Active, current valid license in the state in which the clinic is located.
- Exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills
- 2 years of experience
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an EOE, including disability/veterans