Telemedicine Licensed Practical Nurse Columbia, TN Full Time
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best nurses...
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) with a positive, outgoing demeanor for our dynamic team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with paid time off and a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy an M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- Work with leading-edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
- Welcome patients and obtain medical histories from patients; verify patient information
- Assists practitioners with patient care and performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with policies, practices and procedures.
- Coordinate patient care through video intake call
- Collect and document patient information to include demographics, chief complaint, review of medications, and allergies
- Screen and triage patients based on intake questions
- Route patient to Valor Healthcare doctor or other appropriate care
- Administrative duties as needed including scheduling appointments, contacting patients and customers, and answering calls
- Document in electronic medical record
- Dispense medications within the scope of practice as ordered by the treating providers and in accordance with state regulations
- Assist other team members as needed
Graduate of an approved Licensed Practical nursing program.
Current registration/license in the state where employed.
Successful completion of UDS, BAT, PFT, FIT, etc., certification.
- Minimum one year experience in primary healthcare/disease management nursing or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of primary healthcare requirements (state specific).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of clinical operations.
- Demonstrated ability to train medical assistants under the direction of the Clinic Medical Director.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced
- Clinical office environment
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled