Licensed Clinical Social Worker Behavioral Health Cookeville, TN Part Time 8 hours per week
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
Under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health Services and/or a designated Psychiatrist, the Social Worker provides a variety of services including psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, short-term, solution focused counseling, education and referral for resources and benefits, and case management. Develops program content and organizes & leads activities planned to enhance social development of individual members and accomplishment of group goals. Collaborates with the core PACT Team (Primary Care Provider, RN and Medical Assistant) and expanded PACT Team including family/caregiver, VA, and community based services involved in developing the patient care plan.
- Interviews individual members to assess social and emotional capabilities. Plans group composition in relation to personal and social compatibility of members.
- Provides case management to Veterans and families as needed throughout the continuum of care.
- Selects program appropriate to particular group goals, level of development, needs, capacities, and interests of group members.
- Conducts individual counseling/therapy.
- Conducts group therapy (which may include PTSD groups; weight management; anger management & coping skills, grieving; and personal interactions).
- Conducts marriage and family counseling as specified by the VA.
- Involves members in planning and assuming responsibility for activities.
- Helps members through group experience to develop attitudes and social skills for improved family relations and community responsibility.
- Refers members, when indicated, to community resources and other organizations.
- Addresses issues such as advance directives and organ donation in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Inputs all patients’ information into VISTA/CPRS. o Completes any and all clinical reminders “due” at the time of each patient visit.
- Assists in co-managed care collaboration with non-VA providers, and facilities. Functions as case manager as needed.
- Overall case management and identifying resources available are a component of this position.
- Provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, wellness, related health issues and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Maintains confidentiality of veterans’ data and information.
- Complies with all VA and company training requirements.
- Any/all other related duties as assigned.
- Compliance: Fulfill compliance requirements of the Office of Inspector General (OIG), Joint Commission (JC), Environment of Care (EOC) oversight, lab compliance and other related items.
- Clinical Outcomes: Remain focused on achieving excellent clinical outcomes through the specified VA guidelines.
- Must provide excellent customer service to each veteran and his/her family, both in person and over the phone, as well as to fellow colleagues and clinic visitors.
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere for our colleagues and veterans, ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met. Ability to conversationally diffuse situations.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary clinical team in a manner that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Collaborates with Clinic leadership to resolve veteran concerns or complaints.
- Participate in the clinic’s outreach events to help support the clinic’s enrollment initiatives.
- Support patient enrollment and retention in appointments, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
- Master's degree, or higher, in Social Work from a program registered by the Department of Education is required, with specific training dealing with adult patients.
- Must comply with and maintain all requirements for a valid, unrestricted LCSW/MSW (or equivalent) license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years' post-master direct counseling experience with adult patients. Specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Proven mastery of advanced sociological, psychological, and mental health care related interventions and issues.
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency – AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- This is considered a safety sensitive position.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
As a Federal Contractor, Valor is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify