VA CBOC Mental Health Nurse Practitioner - Bowling Green, KY
Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a physician at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 34 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
As a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner you will have the ability to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professional who is driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women. We guarantee an optimal patient experience through this role. We are in need of a passionate professional with an ambitious spirit who is going to maintain these Veterans health to the highest regard.
- Clinic is located in Bowling Green, KY; Position is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Establishes rapport with your patients quickly
- Evaluate and handle psychiatric disorders
- Develop and implement long and short range treatment plans with safety, integrity, quality care and continuous improvement all as a goal
- Performs crisis intervention and medication management
- Works in collaborative practice with the Psychiatrist and the leadership team in assessing clinic processes, work flows to continuously improve the patient experience
- Constantly being aware of patient/client happiness, clinic process and procedure, etc
- Coordinate appropriate follow-up care, referrals, and case management
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow-up care
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and for nurse practitioner (MSN required), including preceptorship
- Board Certification as a Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Ability to obtain unrestricted Kentucky Nursing License
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Minimum one year clinical experience as MHNP
- Strong computer skills
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Malpractice Insurance
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- 40 Days Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans