VA CBOC Nurse Practitioner - Bowling Green, KY
Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a Nurse Practitioner at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 34 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
The Nurse Practitioner role is a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You will have the pleasure to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. We are seeking a healthcare professional who is driven and committed to ensuring the health and well-being of these selfless men and women.
- Clinic is located in Bowling Green, KY; Office hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday only.
- Work in collaborative practice with Physicians and Clinic Medical Director.
- Examine the patient/client and resolve the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program - The VA's EMR Vista/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow-up care.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the EMR system.
- Actively participate, as well as handle, diagnoses and treatment.
- Identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and program for nurse practitioner (MSN required), including preceptorship
- Certification by applicable professional organization
- Valid nursing license in Kentucky
- Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Minimum of one year clinical experience in a related primary care and/or chronic disease management environment
- Strong computer skills required
- Competitive Salary
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Full benefits package including: CME Allowance/Time, 401(k) with Employer Match, Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans, Life Insurance/Disability, Paid Time Off - including all Federal Holidays
If you’re looking for an organization that invest in your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, consider Valor Healthcare. I would love the opportunity to speak about the position in more detail. Let me know when a good time to speak is.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans