HR Onboarding Specialist Addison TX Full Time
Valor Healthcare was established in 2004 and is the largest, most experienced contract provider of CBOCs in the country, currently operating over 30 clinics across the United States that treat over 110,000 Veterans a year. Our clinics provide a full range of medical services that are tailored to meet the specific healthcare needs of our VA Medical Center partners and the Veterans they serve. Our leadership team is comprised of Veterans and clinician leaders dedicated to providing exceptional care and a world class patient experience for our Nation’s Heroes.
The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for the full paperwork process, beginning when a candidate signs their offer letter, through their actual start date. This includes initiating paperwork for drug screen and background checks, as well as security and credentialing paperwork required by the respective VA. The Onboarding Specialist will spend a significant amount of time on the phone with the new hires, as well as VA representatives. Strong organizational skills are required, as multiple new hires will be in process simultaneously.
- Onboarding Process: Responsible for all aspects of onboarding a new hire.
- Initiates on-line onboarding through iCIMS and ensures all paperwork completed by the new hire during the process.
- Coordinates background and drug screen process for internal clearance and ensures successful results received.
- Responsible for VA security and credentialing packets. This includes sending the correct packets to the new hire, auditing their completed packets for accuracy and submission to the VA. On-going follow-up weekly required, with both the new hire and the VA’s security department and the credentialing department. Coordination for federal fingerprinting, badging, committee reviews and similar activities require ongoing focus and attention to detail.
- Provides ongoing updates to the online Onboarding tracking spreadsheet.
- Attends weekly staffing calls to provide progress status on each candidate in process so operational management can coordinate and anticipate staffing availability and resulting patient scheduling.
- Coordinates with each of the independent VA partners the unique security and credentialing process for that VISN.
- Updates all VA forms as requirements change, as prompted by the respective VA.
- Facilitates VA security and credentialing for all locum candidates with the respective VA. Coordinates with the locum and their agency as needed.
- Extensive coordination with recruiting, the new hire, the clinic and the VA regarding clearance and projected start date.
- Escalate concerns or issues to supervisor if any significant delays in the process occurs.
- Prepares 6-part new hire folders for all new hires and locums of all required paperwork relevant to that VA contract and timely sends to the appropriate clinic.
- Ensures employment agreements and collaborative agreements are executed and returned timely.
- Answers phones and timely relays messages. Functions as a significant contact for all questions during the approximate 90-day onboarding process for each new hire.
- Any/all other related duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Must provide excellent customer service to each new hire, VA partners, clinic and regional leadership.
- Establish and maintain a warm, welcoming and professional atmosphere via the phone for our new hires and VA partners, ensuring needs and expectations are consistently met.
- Compliance: Fulfill compliance requirements as required internally or by the VA. Ensures all new hire folders prepared are in compliance with the local VA’s requirements.
- Strategic Initiatives: Embrace and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent education
- Demonstrated high quality customer service & organization skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills required
- Minimum, 1-year experience in retail or customer service environment.
- Credentialing knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
As a Federal Contractor, Valor is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify