Primary Care Regional Medical Director Dallas TX
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
The Regional Medical Director has full accountability for all medical-related aspects of the CBOCs within their geographic region.
- Management: Equip clinic leadership to manage day to day medical operations, ensure clinical quality expectations and provide exceptional customer service.
- Clinical Outcomes: Achieve and maintain excellent clinical outcomes through periodic chart reviews, direct observation and providing the support and guidance necessary to ensure the specified VA guidelines and outcomes are consistently exceeded. This includes ensuring alerts and notifications are addressed in a timely manner by provider staff.
- P&L Responsibility: Participate in the management of the clinic’s financial performance. This includes driving revenue growth through panel management, as well as managing costs, such as clinician salaries.
- Enrollment Growth: Participate in the clinic’s outreach planning to help support the clinic’s enrollment initiatives.
- Save & Recapture: Support patient enrollment and retention by providing guidance, when necessary, regarding scheduling, follow-up visits or nurse visits.
- Staffing: Maintain staffing levels consistent with patient enrollment, contract terms, and to maintain clinical outcomes and access.
- Clinical Analytics: Review and analyze reporting, including clinical quality metrics, and responsiveness to alerts and notifications. Provide standard updates to senior leadership to aggressively improve any deficiencies and maintain excellence.
- Talent Acquisition and Retention: Emphasize attracting, coaching, mentoring, and retaining talent through excellent communication, interaction with key leadership and enforcing key competencies.
- VA Relations: Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with our VA partners.
- RFPs: Be the clinical leader for any RFPs in the region, including the subject matter expert on the medical guidelines and outcome expectations.
- Strategic Initiatives: Innovate, embrace, and support new initiatives, whether clinical or operational, and execute on key strategic initiatives that drive the success of the business.
- 5 years healthcare experience required and at least 2 years management experience; government healthcare environment preferred
- Ability to travel 60-75% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to think strategically, at both clinical and operational levels, as well as on a regional and company level; must be able to evaluate and implement strategic plans
- Ability to manage, both up and down
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
As a Federal Contractor, Valor is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify