Administrative Medical Support Assistant Denton, TX Full Time
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very people...
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
- Work one-on-one with patients as a health care provider
- Monitor the flow of onboarding patients and delivering routine medical care
- Handle blood draws, injections, EKGs, vitals, drug screens, rooming patients and much more.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician
- Greet our patients, obtain their medical histories and verify patient information
- Provide assistance during examinations and treatment
- Accurately and thoroughly documents medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician, including but not limited to:
- Patient medical history and physical exam
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals
- Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits.
- Physician-dictated diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow-up
- Prepare referral letters as directed by the physician
- Perform ancillary testing and tasks as directed by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, etc.) and as certified
- Assist the front office team as needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Training as a medical assistant, or military medical specialist with current credentials in the state of employment
- Strong computer skills, including EMR experience
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, clinical office environment
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled