VA CBOC Lead RN Manager Denton TX
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best nurses.
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most expert provider of contract Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004 we offer primary care and mental health services to our military icons. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an extraordinary patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek a Full Time Lead Registered Nurse Manager with positive, outgoing demeanors for our diverse team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a full medical plan with paid time off and a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- You’ll enjoy a M-F schedule – your weekends are all yours. No late nights, on-call or weekend hours
- You will work with leading edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- You will mentor and support other team members
- Ensure clinical quality expectations and compliance requirements are met.
- Maintain a high level of customer service by communicating performance standards and expectations.
- Provide coaching and feedback to staff to foster an environment of collaboration and clinical excellence.
- Manage the clinic’s financial performance, including P&L.
- Manage growth strategy of new enrollees, current enrollment and retention, and outreach events.
- Partner with Center Operations Director to develop and implement long range plans and objectives.
- You will assist practitioners with patient care, physical examinations, ancillary tests, and perform a variety of clerical duties
- You will perform testing and tasks as ordered by the Center Medical Director (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws, drug screens)
- You will prepare laboratory forms and paperwork including drug screen and laboratory shipment
- You will dispense medications as directed by practitioner and state regulations
- You will maintain and operate all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping current policy and procedures
- Graduate of an accredited school with a degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas (compact licenses not accepted)
- 2 years of Primary Care or Chronic Disease management experience preferred
- 2 years of management experience required; government healthcare environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to manage, both up and down
- Energetic and optimistic demeanor
- Strong service mentality and a focus on achieving all aspects of defined service standards
- Proficient in computer applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment without direct supervision
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity, develop a plan of action to improve, implement and evaluate plan effectively
- Ability to resolve colleague, client, and patient issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Current Basic Life Support certification from the American Heart Association (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency-AHA valid for two years)
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an EOE, including disability/veterans