VA CBOC Nurse Practitioner Danville, VA
Are you looking for a role that will give you the opportunity to do what you love as a Nurse Practitioner at the same time be able to enjoy life outside of work?
Valor Healthcare is the largest provider of Primary Care services to Veterans and currently operate 34 Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) in the United States. We are veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, experienced medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry.
The Nurse Practitioner role is a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You will have the pleasure to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown you while serving our country. We are seeking a healthcare professional who is driven and committed to ensuring the health and well-being of these selfless men and women.
- Clinic is located in Danville, VA; Office hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday only.
- Work in collaborative practice with Physicians and Clinic Medical Director.
- Examine the patient/client and resolve the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program - The VA's EMR Vista/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow-up care.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the EMR system.
- Actively participate, as well as handle, diagnoses and treatment.
- Identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and graduate of an accredited program for nurse practitioner (MSN required), including preceptorship
- Certification by applicable professional organization
- Current valid nursing license in the state in which the clinic is located.
- Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually)
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Minimum one year clinical experience in a related primary care and/or chronic disease management environment
- Strong computer skills
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled