VA CBOC Primary Care Physician Danville VA
Valor Healthcare is looking for a full-time Physician to join our team as a Primary Care Provider with our clinic in Danville, VA. This is an outpatient clinic, opened Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
We offer competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metics on quality patient care. We provide our clinicians an excellent compensation package which includes travel expenses, CME reimbursement, 40+ paid days off, and many other benefits!
Valor operates 30+ VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, Telehealth, mental health, and more.
As a Physician, you will have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these humble men and women.
- Examine the veteran and determine the best course of action while completing documentation of the electronic medical record system - VISTA/CPRS.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Partner with the Medical Director to discuss patient outcomes, policies, procedures, and records. Will serve as collaborative physician to midlevels when appropriate and needed.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will help the veterans' recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards. Maintain patient confidentiality and align with the VA health information privacy laws.
- Develop and maintain a positive, reciprocal working relationship with our VA partners.
- Provide daily effective and efficient patient care management.
- Ensure optimal execution of clinical model playbook as well as identify indicators for clinical improvement while also confirming accurate records/billing
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- 1 year of clinical medical practice; Chronic Disease Management experience preferred
- Ability to obtain unrestricted Virginia medical license
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- ACLS/BLS Certified required
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using EMR
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Plan
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off, including all federal holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.