Primary Care Physician - Danville, VA CBOC
As you may know, we have a phenomenal VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), in Danville, VA. Are you a Physician who is wanting a more productive lifestyle? How about a 5 day work week with nights and weekends off? Do you wish you could spend more than 20 minutes with your patients? Are you lacking meaning in your current role? We believe that Valor Healthcare is the answer to all of these questions.
Valor Healthcare operates 36 CBOC's in the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. We provide a wide range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the specific needs of local VA medical center. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary care, diagnostics, laboratory, tele-health, mental health, and more. Our clinic staff utilizes the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model at all locations.
As our next Staff Physician, you are a vital part of a dedicated team of clinicians committed to excellent patient care. You'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high standard of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and well-being of these selfless men and women.
The Staff Physician is an intuitive healthcare provider whose diagnostic abilities are only matched by their concern for patients. You are responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing veterans in our CBOC clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet the VA's standards. You will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to the veterans recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Office hours are 8am to 5pm Monday - Friday
- Partner with the Center Medical Director to discuss patient outcomes, policies, procedures, and records.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- You will examine the patient and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with PACT Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and align with the VA health information privacy laws
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Will serve as collaborative physician to midlevels when appropriate and needed.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- 1 year of clinical medical practice
- Valid, unrestricted Virginia medical license
- Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration registration
- Excellent computer skills, including EMR
- Experience working a primary care setting and treating chronic disease management
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Plan
- $20,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Full benefits package including: CME Allowance/Time, 401(k) with Employer Match, Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans, Life Insurance/Disability, Paid Time Off - including all Federal Holidays
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor Healthcare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or medical or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Concentra Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
As a Federal Contractor, Valor is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information please click on the following link: E-Verify