VA CBOC Primary Care LICSW Danville VA
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best people
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
We seek a Full Time Primary Care Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) with a positive, outgoing demeanor for our dynamic team. The experience you will gain is limitless, as are the career advantages with Valor Healthcare. In addition to a 401(k) employer match, we offer career advantages that are second to none:
- Be part of a committed team that’s growing and making a difference in the Veteran community
- Your weekends are all yours, no late nights, on-call or holidays!
- Work with leading-edge technologies and continuously advance and improve your knowledge and skills
- Mentoring and supporting team members
Independently performs case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Independently implements treatment modalities.
Independently conducts psychosocial assessments. Develops treatment plans in collaboration with the veteran/family and with the interdisciplinary treatment team. Offers psychosocial interventions and measures outcomes to interventions. Coordinates community-based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
Independently identify high-risk patients and provides case management services. Provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint, coordinates family conferences and serves as liaison to family members. Has working knowledge and experience in use of medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures.
Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their families. Independently works with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems utilizing individual, group and family counseling skills.
Independently provides consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on healthcare and adherence to treatment plan. Ability to evaluate own practice through professional peer review, case conferences and other organizational means.
General knowledge of veteran's benefits and services relating to special programs, service connected compensation, non-service connected pension.
Provides a range of psychotherapeutic interventions that will include skills and knowledge in Evidence-based Therapies such as cognitive Behavioral Treatment.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Knowledge and practice of mental health therapy techniques and interventions and provision of individual, group and family therapy as needed, in conjunction with other VA behavioral health providers.
- Knowledge of the principles of management required to establish program goals and objectives, to plan and administer a program, coordinate associated activities, evaluate program accomplishments, redefine priorities and modify objectives.
- Display respect and compassion towards clients and colleagues.
- Participate in and/or facilitates staff competency training.
- Oversees clinic adherence to TJC (The Joint Commission) standards with the Nursing Supervisor.
- Participates in monthly staff meetings.
- Must possess minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of social work.
- Completed didactic program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Passed state licensure.
- Current certificate of basic life support by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
- Familiarity with CDC, OSHA, TJC, and BOH recommendations, standards rules and regulations.
- Strong computer skills
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an EOE, including disability/veterans