Physician Assistant, CBOC - Full Time
Valor Healthcare has provided industry-leading Primary Care services to Veterans since its founding in 2004. Veteran-led and clinician-managed, we deliver compassionate, expert medical care, establishing personal bonds with our Veterans in our Community Based Outpatient Clinics. We consistently achieve our goal for the best coordinated Veteran’s healthcare in the industry, and we are excited to discover first-rate colleagues to join our group.
As a Physician Assistant with Valor Healthcare you'll have the opportunity to serve our nation's Veterans with the same high level of care they have shown while serving our country. We are seeking healthcare professionals who are driven and committed to ensure the health and wellbeing of these selfless men and women.
- Office hours are 8 to 5, weekdays only.
- Work in collaborative practice with Physician.
- Examine the patient/client and determine the best course of action while documenting in our paperless health program – The VA’s VISTA/CPRS electronic patient record system.
- Develop and implement patient management plans, communicating with Patient Aligned Care Team to ensure appropriate standards of care.
- Orders and performs diagnostic tests and therapeutic procedures, and provides patient notification and follow up care.
- Prescribes medication and recommends dietary and activity programs as indicated by diagnosis.
- Solicits medical management consult or input when appropriate.
- Completes all clinical reminders to keep each patient up to date in the system.
- Bachelor’s degree (BPAS or a related field) required. Master’s degree (MPAS) preferred
- Graduate of an accredited program for physician assistants, including preceptorship
- National certification of applicable professional organization
- Current valid Physician Assistant license in the State in which the clinic is located
- Current, unrestricted DEA registration
- Minimum of 1-year experience, within the last 4-years, as a Physician Assistant in a related primary care or ambulatory care setting (treating adult patients).
- Current certificate in Basic Cardiac Life Support (must be renewed annually/as required)
- Strong computer skills
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you’re looking for an organization that cares for your growth and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information requiring on going discretion and secure information management.
Valor is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled