Patient Service Specialist Seattle, WA Full Time
Because our veterans deserve extraordinary care, we invest in the very best people...
Valor Healthcare, Inc. is the largest and most experienced provider of contract Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Established in 2004, we offer primary care and mental health services to our military heroes. We have one common goal - deliver Veteran's an outstanding patient experience and excellent health outcomes that will improve their well-being.
As the first and last point of contact to our patients, you will ensure patients feel comfortable during their visit, multitasking between greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative duties.
• Greets patients and visitors, communicates wait times and directs them accordingly.
• Obtains authorization as needed to process patients for services needed.
• Checks patients in appropriate patient management system in accordance with client company protocols.
• Explains all required forms to patients and ensures proper completion of all paperwork.
• Answers incoming telephone lines in accordance with company procedures and directs the caller accordingly.
• Checks out patients in appropriate patient management system according to procedure and distributes records according to the Employer’s protocols.
• Files paperwork, medical records and correspondence according to defined company procedure.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies and printed forms.
• Manages dissemination of all paperwork to outside parties including non-injury paperwork, custody and control forms.
• Follows HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
• Attends center staff meetings and participates in ongoing training
• Completes processing of patient referrals including accurate checkout, paperwork processing, patient education and communication with Client Support Services as required.
• Assists Center Administrator in managing daily administrative functions.
• Complete understanding and ability to perform in all aspects of front office operations
• Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards
• Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance throughout the facility
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of experience in customer service environment preferred
- Demonstrated Intermediate knowledge of PCs, word processing, and data entry
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and communication skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS:
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented office environment
Are you ready to make Valor Healthcare your final career destination?
We look forward to working with you very soon!
Valor Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veterans/Disabled